Interview Kimberly Fordham
1. Okay, Miss Kim, what was the specific incident that got you to this interview?
I saw and responded to a post in one of the female travel groups on Facebook. I can’t remember specifically which group it was in.
2. What has earned you the right to be an authority on this topic?
I have traveled solo to over 10 countries, moved abroad 3 times by myself, and am currently living abroad in Xiamen, China.
3. What is your brand, your topic exactly about?
My brand is Live Life Untamed and it is is about helping women confidently and successfully create the life they desire abroad. I am an Expat Transition Coach and I assist aspiring expats with preparing for their move abroad and with settling into their new country of residence.
4. Why is it important?
The work I do is important because making such a major life change is stressful and can be extremely overwhelming. That alone can cause some people to not ever go through with the change, even if it would greatly benefit or improve their life. I personally understand how hard it is to make a move abroad, especially alone and without support, and I wish I would have had someone there to help me along that journey.
5. Now that I know what it is, now that I know why it’s important and relevant, how are you implementing this on your travels? I mean like, is there a process, that you follow when traveling?
When I travel now, I’m more aware of feelings that come up and how I handle them because others may encounter similar feelings throughout their travels. By being aware of mine, I may be able to help them through sharing my experience. I also pay attention to more seeming
6. What if people took advantage of your tips and steps you are providing? What will happen, how will their travels change?
7. Now we would like to get just some general information about you and your travels:
(if not answered before) – When did you start traveling?
I started traveling in 2010. I went on a cruise with my family. My first international solo trip was in 2013 when I moved to Japan to study for a year.
– Do you remember how you felt when you traveled alone for the first time?
I was extremely scared and nervous about being in a foreign place alone and so far away from my friends and family.
– How did you, or do you deal with fears?
Instead of being fearful of being alone, I now view my solo trips as an opportunity to meet new friends.
– Is there a place where you have been and you would definitely not recommend it for women on their own and why?
No, most of the places I’ve visited thus far have been pretty safe for women. But as always, we should be cautious no matter where we are.
– Do you still have this excitement, when you go for a trip?
Yes. I still get nervous and excited when going on a solo trip, especially to a new destination, but the more I travel, the calmer I am around going somewhere unknown by myself.
– what are your top 5 destinations and why?
This was so hard…
My top 5 destinations:
1) Kyoto, Japan — a beautiful city with lots of historical sites and friendly people.
2) Seoul, Korea — Great food and lit party scene
3) Singapore — I love Gardens by the Bay and Changi is probably my top favorite airport.
4) Hong Kong — one of my favorite cityscapes in the world and there’s a ton of things to do
5) Medellin, Colombia — friendly people, great weather and l loved the view of the city from the cable cars
– The funniest story that happened to you when traveling?
8. Call to action – what do you want people to do?
Feel free to reach out to me on:
Facebook @livelifeuntamed00 or Instagram @live_life_untamed
I am not sure where you’re getting your information, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
Thanks for great information I was looking for this information for my mission. It’s the best time to
make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy.
I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or advice.
Maybe you can write next articles referring
to this article. I want to read more things about it!
I have been browsing on-line greater than three hours these days,
but I by no means found any fascinating article like yours.
It is pretty price enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters
and bloggers made good content material as you did, the internet will probably be a lot more useful than ever before.
Also visit my web page – Amy
Thank you so much, we are so happy you liked it 🙂
It’s the best time to make a few plans for the longer term and it’s time to be happy.
I’ve read this submit and if I may just I wish to suggest you few attention-grabbing
things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles
referring to this article. I wish to learn more
issues about it! There’s certainly a lot to find out about this issue.
I really like all of the points you have made. I could not resist commenting.
Perfectly written! http://linux.com
My web blog :: Bill