Interview LeNysha Brinkley
1. Okay, Miss LeNysha, what was the specific incident that got you to this interview?
While participating in a Facebook group, I wanted to share my experiences.
2. What has earned you the right to be an authority on this topic?
My love for traveling and seeing the world.
3. What is your brand, your topic exactly about?
I am a fabulous, fifty-something, retired and a solo traveler. I am adventurous, and always challenge myself to try new things and see new places. My goal is to inspire others like myself to do the same.
4. Why is it important?
It is important because I want to show others that there is life after fifty. For me, it’s about rejuvenation, trying new things, and living your best life. Traveling is one of the best places to start!
5. Now that I know what it is, now that I know why it’s important and relevant, how are you implementing this on your travels? I mean like, is there a process, that you follow when traveling?
The fact that I travel solo is the most empowering way I know. Why wait on someone else? When I plan a trip, I look for things to do that are challenging. I have a fear of heights, and I love scenic views. So what do I look for? Hiking up to places with high viewpoints! I don’t let my fears stop me from enjoying myself. I’m an introvert, yet, I step out of my comfort zone by joining tour groups and always have a great time with the people I meet. However, I always make sure I have the other days to enjoy dining, shopping and seeing other attractions on my own.
6. What if people took advantage of your tips and steps you are providing? What will happen, how will their travels change?
I believe if anyone just did it once and saw how exciting and empowering it feels, it would be so easy to do it again. It’s just getting over the hump of doing it the first time is what makes it so hard. Just give it a try, it will change your life forever!
7. Now we would like to get just some general information about you and your travels:
(if not answered before) – When did you start traveling? – Solo, in my early twenties
– Do you remember how you felt when you traveled alone for the first time? Truthfully, I didn’t think much of it. It was just on impulse. If you want to talk about traveling abroad solo, that’s a different story. That was recently, just last year.
– How did you, or do you deal with fears?
My first time traveling solo was going to Spain last year. I’ve been out of the country plenty of times, however never alone. I did lots of research on the local area to ensure that I would be safe. I practiced Spanish.
– Is there a place where you have been and you would definitely not recommend it for women on their own and why? So far, I haven’t been anywhere that I felt that way.
– Do you still have this excitement, when you go for a trip? Yes! I can’t wait to go on my next trip!
– what are your top 5 destinations and why? Valencia, Spain (I love the Old Town), Nice, Medellin, Colombia (I had so much fun!), Nice, France (beautiful), Cocora Valley, Colombia (Amazing views)
– Funniest story that happened to you when traveling? I don’t have any funny stories. I have gotten lost quite a few times! I find it funny now.
8. Call to action – what do you want people to do?
Don’t let age become a factor. Live fabulously, enjoy life, and travel!
Free your travels, be a Travelita! #travelita #iamatravelita
i like this best suited article
i like this terrific post